A base station or a dock is an important element of your smart vacuum device. Once these devices are done cleaning the house, they will automatically return to their original dock location on their own. Here, they should also be able to get charged.
Though users have been found asking the question of what happens when you change the dock location of a Roborock vacuum device? In order to find out, we will be taking a better look at it. So, if you wish to learn more about this as well, then here is everything explained below:
How to Change Roborock Dock Location?
If you wish to change the dock position of your device, then all you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Start by setting a pin and sending off the vacuum to any other location than the base station.
- Now, move your base station to any other location where you wish to put it.
- Using the smart app, call your device back.
- You should notice the vacuum device to return to its old location. However, as the dock’s location has been changed, you will notice the device just wiggle in the place. Soon, the device should notice that the dock’s location has been changed.
- Your device will now move in circles and try finding the new location of the dock.
- After a couple of minutes, the device should automatically go to the new dock location.
- Even though your map might not be fully updated yet, once you start a cleaning routine from the new docking location, it should update on its own.
- Once the cleaning’s done, your device will not return to your new location.
It seems that the device is also capable of pulling some sort of signals through which it can find the new spot for the dock. However, this is more of a workaround and an easier way of changing your device’s dock location as the traditional method of doing so is quite hard to follow.
One thing that you will have to keep in mind is that you shouldn’t move the robot on your own as this will end up confusing the device. Even if it does take its time, let the robot move on its own as it should be able to find the correct location on its own.
The Bottom Line:
Wondering what the easiest way is to change the dock location of your Roborock? Luckily, there’s a very easy way of doing this which involves little to no effort on your end. But if you wish to learn how you can achieve this, you will have to read the step-by-step guide that we have listed above.
In case you find any kind of confusion, all you have to do is to leave down a comment below!