In this article, we will be going over whether or not you can play SoundCloud music on your Google Home device. Please read on.
SoundCloud is a great music platform that has provided different opportunities to growing artists. There are thousands of different songs that you can choose from.
The best thing about this platform is that it is free for both the creators and the listeners, which means that you don’t have to worry about paying any monthly subscription fees.
So, if you can’t get your SoundCloud to work with Google Home, then read through this article to find out how you can get around this issue.
Play SoundCloud on Google Home
Unfortunately, the SoundCloud music service is not supported by Google Home assistant.
This is the reason why you keep getting errors when you try to connect your SoundCloud to your Google Assistant.
You’re not able to use voice commands to ask Google to play a certain song from your SoundCloud playlist.
So, Google Home might not be the best assistant for you if want to link your SoundCloud account to it.
However, that does not mean that you can never play music on your Google Home device.
Three possible methods allow you to use your Google Assistant to play SoundCloud music.
Method 1: Connect via Bluetooth
The first one is by simply connecting the speakers with your mobile Bluetooth and then playing the mobile audio on your Google Home speakers.
- All you have to do is pair the Google Home speakers with your mobile Bluetooth
- And then go to the SoundCloud app and start playing any music you like.
Method 2: Cast Manually to Google Home
The second method is to cast the music manually on your Google Home device.
- To do so, you need to connect your mobile phone to the same Wi-Fi network that your Google Assistant is connected to.
- After that, just open up the Google Home mobile app and then select the speakers that you want to use.
- From the device settings, click on Cast my audio, and it should start playing the audio from your mobile.
- You can only use voice commands to control the volume and also to pause/play the song.
Method 3: Using Cast Feature from Google Application
Lastly, you can use Google Chrome to cast your music by using the “Cast” feature on the application.
- So, if you have installed it on your computer, you need to open up chrome and click on the top right corner for Chrome settings.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the cast option and choose Google Home speakers to play the audio from your SoundCloud account.
These were some methods that will allow you to play SoundCloud music on your Google Home.
Unfortunately, there is no way to link your Google Assistant with your SoundCloud account directly.
You can only stream the music using your mobile phone and can’t use voice commands to get Google to play music from your SoundCloud account.
For further assistance, we recommend that you ask Google support to help you out. You can also send an appeal requesting them to add SoundCloud support to the Google Home device.