TP-Link is a company that has been producing Wi-Fi networking devices for more than two decades.
Founded in 1996, the firm has an extensive catalog of Wi-Fi devices that includes the latest cell phones, modems, wireless routers, ADSL, range extenders, USB hubs, smart home devices, and more.
The company was established by Zhao Jiaxing and Zhao Jianjun and has become of the largest network device manufacturers in the world.
The TP-Link smart Wi-Fi switch is a recent addition to the array of TP-Link’s smart home devices and products. The TP-Link HS200 allows users to automate their home light switch fully.
So, instead of manually hitting a light switch with an on/off button, the TP-Link HS-200’s Kasa mobile application lets the homeowner program their Wi-Fi switch to perform a lot of fully automated functions. That list of functions includes the most basic, automated on/off function.
Because our goal was to make the HS200 as customized and adaptable as possible, the HS200 is compatible with other network hubs like Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Smart Things, and others.
This wide compatibility range allows the HS200 to offer better integration and more advanced customizations.
TP-Link HS200 Troubleshooting
TP-Link HS200 users occasionally run into some technical issues that cause it to malfunction and give problems to the owners. Here are the explanations of why that happens and how those problems can be solved with troubleshooting for HS200 snafus.
1. Faulty Wiring:
Faulty or loose wiring is a common problem that happens when users choose to install the device themselves.
Usually, a problem arises when people misplace the neutral wire, which causes the TP-Link HS200 to malfunction.
Whenever you are installing a device into your electrical grid, we strongly urge you to hire a certified electrician rather than attempting installation on your own.
Letting an expert handle this for you is a guaranteed way to avoid problems with the installation and functioning of the device later on.
2. Wi-Fi Connectivity:
Is your TP-Link HS200’s Wi-Fi LED blinking green and/or amber instead of a static green?
If so, that means your switch is disconnected from your Wi-Fi.
- Reconnect TP-Link HS200 to your Wi-Fi.
- Be sure your home router is placed in a location that is close to your smart switch.
- Or, as an alternative, you can use a Wi-Fi extender.
If your switch is still not working properly and seems unwilling to establish a Wi-Fi connection, run your router through a power cycle.
This may reveal a problem with the router, in which case you’ll need to troubleshoot it.
3. Reset and Restart:
Like any other Wi-Fi-based service, sometimes all your TP-Link HS200 needs is to be restarted – doing this might solve whatever issue you’re having.
Follow these steps to restart your smart Wi-Fi switch:
- Remove the front cover so you can easily see and access the restart button.
- You will see that both buttons are placed below the main power button. The left one is the reset button, and the right one is the restart button.
- Press the restart button just once. Doing this will restart your TP-Link HS200.
- Press and hold the reset button for about five seconds. You will see the Wi-Fi LED light blinking in amber and green. These color flashes indicate a successful reset of your smart Wi-Fi switch.
4. Factory reset:
Just like you handled a TP-Link HS200 reset, you can also perform a complete factory reset as well.
- All you have to do is hold the reset button for 10 seconds. It will cause the Wi-Fi LED to start rapidly blinking in green.
- Then reconfigure your TP-Link HS200 after you have completed the factory reset.
Conclusion: TP-Link HS200 Troubleshooting
The HS200 is one of TP-Link’s most advanced innovations for the home. The company is dedicated to developing and bringing to market the most advanced and easy-to-use and install Wi-Fi devices available today.
TP-Link are committed to offering consumers cutting-edge products that make their lives easier and more efficient.
The HS200 is only the latest device in smart home technology – TP-Link will soon be offering you even more. Stay tuned!