The Echo Dot has secured a stable spot in the market as affordable speakers that provide you with seamless access to your smart devices. While the price tag might not be the driving factor behind the sale of these units, the latest features from the Echo Dot 4th generation have been the center of attention for many homeowners.
So, if you’re looking to purchase new speakers for your smart ecosystem, Echo Dot should be your first choice. The configurations are not that easy at first, but Amazon has provided complete guides on how to manage this smart device.
However, some owners still struggle with changing room locations on Echo Dot. So, here are some specifics on how to change Echo Dot Room Location.
How To Change Echo Dot Room Location
Relocating the smart devices can be a bit hectic as you’ll have to change the names as well as the groups created within the smart app to make sense of the voice controls. You can’t really work with the old configurations when relocating the Echo Dot to a new room. So, if you’re in the same boat, try following these steps on how to change the Echo Dot room location.
- Start by opening up the Alexa application and browsing to the Device symbol present at the bottom of the screen. This will give you access to the groups, and you have to select that group where the Echo device is currently added.
- Once you’re in the group designated for the Echo Dot, simply click on edit and uncheck the mark next to the Echo Dot. This step will remove the Echo Dot from the previous location, and you can click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen to confirm the settings.
- Now, your Echo Dot is ready to be moved to the new location, and you need to access the devices option again. This time around, you will have to navigate to the group or room name where the Echo Dot is going to be placed.
- Once again, click on the edit option on the new group and check the mark next to the Echo Dot unit after connecting it to power. This will transfer the Echo Dot location to the new room, and you’ll be able to access the smart speakers through the updated group.
- Lastly, you can change the name of the Echo Dot unit according to the location of the new room, and you won’t have to worry about old inputs again. Make sure that the new group reflects the name of the room where Echo Dot is placed. Similarly, you will also have to update the voice commands to eliminate false inputs from other users.
Overall, these steps are enough to move the Echo Dot room location. It is all about the management of groups within the Alexa application, and you can transfer the device around as long as the groups are made properly. So, if you had no issues with the room-specific groups created in Alexa, then going with the steps above will change the Echo Dot Room location without any complications.
How To Create A New Group For Your Echo Dot?
If you’re placing the Echo Dot in a new room that has yet to be added to the Alexa app, then a new group should be created within the app specifically for the new room. So, after removing the Echo Dot from the current location, you will have to browse to the devices option and then click on the plus icon to add new groups. Once you’re in the creation section, select the new room option and assign a name to the group.
Make sure to go through the group configurations and save the new group once you’re satisfied with the name. Now, you can add the Echo Dot to this new room along with all the smart devices that will be placed in this new room.
Once the Echo Dot group has been changed, you won’t have to concern yourself with false input again. So, create a new group and add your Echo Dot to the new group to update the location. Contact Amazon customer support if you run into responsiveness-related issues with the Echo Dot after changing the location.