The Echo Wall Clock is a great clock that you can add to your smart home collection. It offers different and interactive features which help the users be able to organize and be one time.
Although the device shows analog time, there are plenty of smart features that come with the clock.
How to Fix Echo Wall Clock Red Light?
A number of users have been experiencing different issues while trying to use the Echo Wall Clock. The most common issue that all these users had in common was that their devices were showing red light whenever they try pairing or using the clock.
Using this article, we will be exploring the issue in detail. We will be listing a whole number of troubleshooting steps on how you can successfully fix the issue. You can find all of the steps mentioned down below:
- Low Battery
Most usually, having a red light on the device means that you currently have a low battery on the clock. The red light is there to show you that you need to charge or replace the batteries of the clock as its juice is about to run out.
Fixing the issue will require you to buy new batteries for the clock and replacing them with older ones. Try pairing the clock afterward, as there should no longer be an issue whenever you use it.
- Reset the Device
The device being bugged out is also another really common reason why you could be facing this issue. Hence, if you want to fix the issue, you will have to reset the device. For those of you who don’t know how they can reset the device, simply follow the instructions attached below:
- Open your Alexa application.
- Open the Devices tab on the app.
- You will have to look for the Echo device, under which you can find a tab for Bluetooth devices.
- There should be an icon right next to the Echo Wall Clock where you can forget the device.
- After going back to the device settings page, proceed to the Connected Devices.
- Select the Echo Wall Clock where you can unpair the device.
- On the Echo Wall Clock, press the pairing button 5 times in order to reset. You should be able to see the status go blue.
- The center post should rotate to the 12:00 position.
- After you have reset the device, ensure that you go through the whole setup again.
The Bottom Line
This article has all the information that you need in order to fix the red light on Echo Wall Clock. By simply following the instructions that we have written in the article, you should be able to resolve the problem.