The Wyze camera is one of the most used security options from homeowners across the nation. Even though this device is not the cheapest, the price is pretty reasonable when you consider the features offered by this camera. The Wyze portfolio offers the perfect balance between pricing and value. For this reason, this brand has quickly captured the majority of the market share.
While mobile access makes monitoring easier for the owners, some users have asked about viewing the Wyze camera on a PC. Having a dedicated PC will give you more control over the monitoring of your devices, and you can follow these details to view the Wyze camera on the PC.
View Wyze Camera On PC
The majority of owners prefer to rely on emulators to use the Wyze camera on a PC. Even though WebView also offers similar features, using emulators is much more efficient. So, you should also test out the use of emulators before switching over to WebView features provided by Wyze. These are the steps that you need to follow to view Wyze Camera on a PC through an emulator.
- Start by downloading an android emulator like BlueStacks or MEmu on your PC. It won’t take you much time, and there are plenty of emulator options on the internet if your PC is not good enough to meet the operating demands of these emulators.
- Once the emulator has been installed on your PC, open up the emulator and link up your Google account with the Play Store. After linking your Google Account with the emulator, you can now browse the Play Store for the Wyze camera application.
- It will take a few minutes for the Wyze application to install, and you can then use the Wyze account credentials to log into the app. This will direct you to the account that is linked with the cameras installed in your home.
- At this stage, you just have to configure the camera devices installed in your house and fix their orientation to match the bigger screen of your PC.
- Now, you can access the cameras through this emulator as long as you’re logged in from the same Wyze account. If the app malfunctions on one emulator for some reason, you can always try your luck with other emulators on the internet. The majority of these emulators are pretty efficient, and the Wyze camera app will work perfectly on your devices.
This is the most common method that is currently being used by thousands of smart homeowners to view Wyze cameras on PC. The emulator perfectly replicates the performance of your Android device, and you can access all the same app features from the PC. So, you should also test out this method before moving on to the WebView services offered by Wyze. This process is a bit demanding, but if you have already installed an emulator on your PC, it will take you less than 10 minutes to set up your Wyze account. Make sure to seek help from community forums if you’re stuck at some step.
Should You Try the WebView to View Wyze Camera On PC?
The WebView from Wyze is the latest feature that came out a few months ago. This feature allows users to link up their camera devices with the browsers on their PCs without the use of any emulators. Even though some features are a bit bugged, as long as you’re using the latest versions of the browsers, it is not that difficult to get the desired performance from the WebView services. So, if you don’t want to bother with the emulator, then there is no harm in trying Wyze WebView.
The only downside to this feature is that it is only available for Cam Plus users. SO, if you’re not a Cam Plus user, there is no point in accessing this feature. You’ll be just better off with the emulator, and the process is not that complicated. It all comes down to the convenience and the features you’re trying to access through the PC. If you’re just looking to View the Wyze camera on PC, then both the emulator option and the WebView are perfect for you. However, if you need more control over your cameras, then test out the emulators first.