The Echo Spot was introduced as a smart alarm clock that had a camera integrated inside it. As little space as the device took, it proved to be a great way of sneaking a camera inside your bedroom.
However, we have had a lot of users ask questions about how they can remotely view their Echo Spot camera. If you also have the same question in mind, then here is everything that you will need to know regarding whether it’s even possible and how you can do it as well:
How To Remotely View Echo Spot Camera?
For those of you looking for a short answer, then yes, it is possible to use any other device to remotely view the Echo Spot camera. As the device comes with a display screen that shows a live feed, all you will need is access to any other device that fully supports the Alexa app.
Similarly, you can make use of the Drop-in feature that works on both the Echo Spot as well as the Echo Show. Through the Drop-In feature, your device will become a home remote viewing camera that can be activated through your voice.
But now that we know that it’s possible, here is how you can set up your Echo Spot for remote viewing:
- First, ensure that you have the latest version of Alexa installed on your phone.
- Make sure that your device has set up Alexa messaging and calling.
- Navigate to settings and choose all the devices through which you want to drop into Echo Spot.
- Under the General tab, go to Drop-In.
- Now, you will have to select the contacts that you will want to allow for the Drop-In feature.
- You can also use certain voice commands for the Drop-In feature, i.e., “Alexa, drop in on my guestroom Echo Spot.”
- You just have to ask Alexa to end the call if you want to end the drop-in.
Simply put, you will be using the Drop-In feature to quickly access your Echo Spot. Depending on the position of the camera, you will be able to view different parts of your house using another device.
One other thing to make sure of is that you only allow people that you trust with the Drop-In feature. As there can be plenty of privacy concerns if you were to give it to any other person.
The Bottom Line:
Wondering how to remotely view Echo Spot camera? Luckily, there’s a really simple way through which you can use pretty much any device supporting the Alexa app to remotely access your Echo Spot’s camera.
You will just have to use Alexa’s built-in Drop-in feature which allows these devices to quickly access your Echo Spot. Similarly, if you wish to learn more about this, be sure to read through the article above!