Etekcity is a famous company that offers smart home solutions to its customers. While most of their products are WiFi outlets, they are known to provide plenty of products for smart home applications.
All of the smart devices offered by Etekcity are monitored and controlled through an application installed on your phone which is better known as VeSync. The VeSync app gives you centralized control over all of your smart Etekcity devices, including the WiFi outlets offered by them. The WiFi outlet is basically a plug or a socket that can be controlled by an app and lets you determine whether the appliance connected to it should be turned on or off, wirelessly.
Etekcity WiFi Outlet Troubleshooting
In this article, we will be going through many of the issues that users face when using the Etekcity WiFi outlet and how to troubleshoot them. Here are all the issues and how to fix them:
- The Outlet’s Not Connecting to VeSync App
For this issue follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you are connected to a secure 2.4 GHz WiFi network
- The number of devices connected to your router should be less than 10 for optimal results
- Exit and open the VeSync app again
- Clear the cache of the app
- Reset the smart outlet
- Finding ESP Access Point During Configuration
Follow these steps mentioned below:
- Press and hold the power button located on the outlet for 5 seconds, or until you see the LED light starts blinking. This will trigger configuration mode on the outlet. You will now see the ESP access point appear on the list of available WiFi networks
- You will notice the LED light starts to blink blue lights. Now, you will have 5 minutes to pair the outlet with your phone.
- Amazon Alexa Or Google Assistant Can’t Discover Your Smart Outlet
For troubleshooting this issue, follow these steps:
- Before trying out anything, make sure the wireless router is close to your smart outlet. For the outlet to properly function, it should be under 50m visible range from the router
- Ensure that your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant is working properly.
- Smart Outlet Not Turning On/Off on A Specified Schedule
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the following issue:
- Ensure that your schedule is turned on
- Check if your phone’s location services are turned on. If they are off, turn them on
- Check if your smart outlet is connected to a working network, and is not offline
- Outlet Is Offline
This is quite a common issue which you can troubleshoot by following these steps:
- Check if both your network and phone’s network connection is working properly
- Delete or uninstall the offline smart outlet from the VeSync app installed on your phone
- Reset your smart outlet by pressing and holding the power button located on the outlet for around 15 seconds. You will notice a light will start blinking for 10 seconds until it successfully turns itself off
- As soon as you delete and reset the outlet, reconfigure your outlet settings using the VeSync app
- Once the outlet is online again, tap on device settings and press on firmware upgrade